“[Philanthropy Day is] meant to introduce you to each sorority on campus and their respective philanthropic initiatives,” she said. “There are different activities and projects that you guys will work on based on that [chapter’s initiative].”
What is philanthropy Day during rush?
PHILANTHROPY DAY: A cute dress topped off by a denim jacket and paired with wedges will fit the bill nicely. Come prepared to listen and learn about which organization is closest to each sorority’s heart! SKIT/SISTERHOOD NIGHT: Semi-formal is the name of the game.
What is a sorority philanthropy?
Each sorority or fraternity is assigned philanthropy to focus its fundraising efforts towards. The philanthropy can either be a specific organization that promotes awareness and donates to those affected or an umbrella organization that donates to specific organizations.
What do you say during philanthropy round of rush?
Questions to ask during Philanthropy Round
- What does your sorority’s philanthropy mean to you?
- How do you personally get involve with your chapter’s philanthropy?
- Are there any events that your chapter puts on to promote your philanthropic partner?
- How can new members get involved with your chapter’s philanthropy?
What do you wear to a philanthropy Day?
Round 2: Philanthropy Round
Again, you can stick with a skirt, shorts, statement pants, or a casual dress, but elevate the look with a slightly more formal top or accessories. You don’t have to wear heels during this round, but you totally can if you want to. Otherwise, flats will suffice.
What should you not wear for Rush?
Speaking of discos… Rush is not a club event. There’s no need to look like you’re going out to party. Refrain from deep necklines, booty shorts, backless dresses or cutouts, or things that are obviously too tight.
What is Kappa Kappa Gamma’s philanthropy?
Kappa Kappa Gamma (ΚΚΓ), also known simply as Kappa or KKG, is a collegiate sorority, founded at Monmouth College in Monmouth, Illinois, United States.
|Kappa Kappa Gamma|
|Philanthropy||Reading Is Fundamental, The Kappa Kappa Gamma Foundation|
What is the highest ranked sorority?
1.Alpha Omicron Pi – Indiana University
Boasting a whopping 605 ratings, these ladies are known for their friendliness, good looks, and dedication to school. With AOII being the biggest sorority in the country, it’s no surprise this chapter takes the top spot.
What is the prettiest sorority?
Without further ado, the top 10 best-looking sororities in the SEC:
- Kappa Delta – University of Georgia.
- Zeta Tau Alpha – University of Florida.
- Alpha Omicron Pi – University of Georgia.
- Phi Mu – University of Alabama.
- Kappa Delta – Ole Miss.
- Delta Delta Delta – University of Kentucky.
- Delta Gamma – University of Missouri.
What is philanthropy Greek life?
Essentially, philanthropy means to organize or participate in a charitable event. Greek chapters volunteer their efforts and time to all sorts of organizations, including cancer research, literacy for children and adults, animal welfare, human rights, and the list goes on.
What happens in Philanthropy round?
Philanthropy Round is usually the second or third round of sorority recruitment. … After each round of sorority recruitment, you vote on the sororities you want to keep and the sororities give each potential new member a score. Then, a process called mutual selection takes place.
What questions do they ask during sorority rush?
Questions Sorority Members May Ask You:
- Where are you from? What’s your hometown?
- What dorm are you in?
- What classes are you taking?
- Do you have a major already?
- Did you have a fun summer? …
- How are you enjoying rush/recruitment?
- Have you met your roommate yet? …
- How are you enjoying your first week of school so far?
What should you not do during sorority rush?
What to NOT do during recruitment.
- Don’t go into recruitment with only wanting to join one sorority. Like I said above, you want to stay open-minded throughout recruitment. …
- Don’t listen to gossip. You will hear gossip during recruitment. …
- Don’t only answer the members’ questions.
What happens during sorority rush?
Rush usually consists of a few rounds. During these rounds, sisters meet potential new members. The women talk, perform skits, sing songs and share personal stories about what the sisterhood means to them. As rush progresses, potential new members and sororities list their choices in order of preference.
Can you wear black to sorority recruitment?
You go to different sorority houses on these days so no one will notice if you repeat outfits. You won’t know the color of the shirts until close to recruitment, so I recommend having white, black, or jean shorts or a neutral color. Some girls like to dress in flowy shorts with a comfortable flat.
What is convocation in sorority rush?
Opening Convocation is a required meeting for all potential new members (PNMs) and serves as an orientation to recruitment week. It is also the time where potential new members will meet their recruitment guides and the Panhellenic recruitment team, who will guide them through the week.