What do philanthropy sororities ask?
The questions the sorority girls will ask are: What were you involved in during high school? If you are a college sophomore or junior — What were you involved in last year/currently? What type of activities do you plan on getting involved in during college?
What PNMs should I ask during philanthropy?
Important Questions to Ask PNMs
- What did you do in high school? …
- Have you done any philanthropic work? …
- How do you like [the name of your school] so far? …
- Why did you decide to come out for recruitment? …
- What did you do this summer? …
- Are you looking into any other clubs or other extra-curricular organizations?
What questions do sororities ask?
- 1) Tell me about yourself. 2) How did you choose your major? 3) What are your hobbies? …
- 1) Tell me about your new member program. 2) What is a Big Sister/Little Sister? …
- 1) “Do you know so-and-so in your sorority?” Duh! 2) If you plan to name drop, stick to women you know in that sorority.
What do you wear to a philanthropy round?
What to wear: You will receive two philanthropy t-shirts at Convocation. During these two days, you will wear your philanthropy t-shirts. Sisterhood Round gives you the opportunity to really see the personality of each sorority. During this round, you may attend a maximum of 7 parties, each of which is 40 minutes long.
What should you not discuss during sorority recruitment?
So when talking to potential new members you need to:
- Speak positively about your sorority and sisters in your chapter.
- Avoid talking about sorority drama.
- No swearing or cussing.
- Don’t lie about your sorority.
- Don’t speak negatively about other sororities or fraternities.
- Don’t guarantee PNMs a bid to your sorority.
What is Kappa Kappa Gamma’s philanthropy?
Kappa Kappa Gamma (ΚΚΓ), also known simply as Kappa or KKG, is a collegiate sorority, founded at Monmouth College in Monmouth, Illinois, United States.
|Kappa Kappa Gamma|
|Philanthropy||Reading Is Fundamental, The Kappa Kappa Gamma Foundation|
How do sororities rank PNMs?
After each round of recruitment, the PNMs rank the houses they went to in order of preference, and the sororities will rank the PNMs in terms of preference.
What do you talk about with PNMs?
10 Things You Can Talk About With A PNM During Formal Recruitment
- Where are you from? …
- What made you choose this university? …
- How is recruitment going so far? …
- Where is she living? …
- Did you play any sports or do any activities in high school? …
- Have you found an activity or group on campus that you enjoy being a part of?
What do sororities look for in PNMs?
Every sorority raises money for its philanthropy. They host philanthropy events. They want to give back to the community. Therefore, the sorority members are looking for potential new members who will participate in all things philanthropy.
What do you talk about on Philanthropy Day?
On this day you can expect to meet between 2 – 3 members. Questions to ask on this day: What are your favorite parts of your chapter’s philanthropy? What are you looking forward to this upcoming year? What are some of your favorite things about volunteering?
What do you talk about during Preference round?
Here are some examples of questions you might ask the sorority members for Pref:
- Why did you choose to join your sorority?
- Are there any leadership positions for new members?
- Are there sisterhood events?
- What is your favorite memory?
- How has being in a sorority changed your college experience?
How do you tell a sorority you’re interested?
Discreetly ask the women you know (family, church members, teachers, coaches, etc.) if they are sorority alumnae, and if they are, tell them that you are interested in going through recruitment at your school and ask for any help or advice they can provide.
What should you not wear for Rush?
Speaking of discos… Rush is not a club event. There’s no need to look like you’re going out to party. Refrain from deep necklines, booty shorts, backless dresses or cutouts, or things that are obviously too tight.
What is sorority Philanthropy Day?
PHILANTHROPY DAY: A cute dress topped off by a denim jacket and paired with wedges will fit the bill nicely. Come prepared to listen and learn about which organization is closest to each sorority’s heart! SKIT/SISTERHOOD NIGHT: Semi-formal is the name of the game.
What happens during sorority rush?
Rush usually consists of a few rounds. During these rounds, sisters meet potential new members. The women talk, perform skits, sing songs and share personal stories about what the sisterhood means to them. As rush progresses, potential new members and sororities list their choices in order of preference.