How do you prepare for a philanthropy round?
HOW TO STAND OUT DURING PHILANTHROPY ROUND.
- Look over your list before you go into the round. Want to learn about how to create your list? …
- Act like you are talking to your best friends. …
- Make connections.
- Ask at least one question at every sorority.
- Stay open-minded about each sorority.
- Show off your personal style.
What should I ask for on philanthropy Day?
Questions to ask during Philanthropy Round
- What does your sorority’s philanthropy mean to you?
- How do you personally get involve with your chapter’s philanthropy?
- Are there any events that your chapter puts on to promote your philanthropic partner?
- How can new members get involved with your chapter’s philanthropy?
What do you wear to a philanthropy round?
What to wear: You will receive two philanthropy t-shirts at Convocation. During these two days, you will wear your philanthropy t-shirts. Sisterhood Round gives you the opportunity to really see the personality of each sorority. During this round, you may attend a maximum of 7 parties, each of which is 40 minutes long.
What questions do they ask during rush?
Be Prepared: Recruitment Questions
- Where are you from? What’s your hometown?
- What dorm are you in?
- What classes are you taking?
- Do you have a major already?
- Did you have a fun summer? …
- How are you enjoying rush/recruitment?
- Have you met your roommate yet? …
- How are you enjoying your first week of school so far?
What questions should I ask during sisterhood round?
The type of questions that are usually asked during this round are:
- What are you looking for in a sorority?
- What are you most excited about?
- What are you looking for in a group of friends?
- Tell me about your friends or family.
What do you talk about during Preference round?
Here are some examples of questions you might ask the sorority members for Pref:
- Why did you choose to join your sorority?
- Are there any leadership positions for new members?
- Are there sisterhood events?
- What is your favorite memory?
- How has being in a sorority changed your college experience?
How do you prepare for Rush?
Sorority Rush Tips: 13 Ways to Get the Bid You Want
- 1) Be yourself. …
- 2) Do your research. …
- 3) Do not rely on reputations. …
- 4) Explore the different kinds of Greek life opportunities on campus. …
- 5) Learn how to best market yourself. …
- 6) Be outgoing. …
- 7) Dress the part. …
- 8) Be honest with yourself.
How do you tell a sorority you’re interested?
Discreetly ask the women you know (family, church members, teachers, coaches, etc.) if they are sorority alumnae, and if they are, tell them that you are interested in going through recruitment at your school and ask for any help or advice they can provide.
What is Kappa Kappa Gamma’s philanthropy?
Kappa Kappa Gamma (ΚΚΓ), also known simply as Kappa or KKG, is a collegiate sorority, founded at Monmouth College in Monmouth, Illinois, United States.
|Kappa Kappa Gamma|
|Philanthropy||Reading Is Fundamental, The Kappa Kappa Gamma Foundation|
What is philanthropy night?
Page 1. Philanthropy Night. -Casual Cute -Tonight is a low-key night where each chapter will inform you on their philanthropy and all the work they do toward their different organizations.
What are the rounds of sorority recruitment?
Generally, most sororities do recruitment in four rounds: open house, house tours, skit/philanthropy, and preference. Some sororities may only have three if the sorority doesn’t have a house.
What should you not wear for Rush?
Speaking of discos… Rush is not a club event. There’s no need to look like you’re going out to party. Refrain from deep necklines, booty shorts, backless dresses or cutouts, or things that are obviously too tight.
What should I bring to rush?
If you are not bringing a purse into the sorority, you can bring a backpack or a large bag.
- Okay, let’s get into the essentials. Mints. …
- band-aids. You will be on your feet for a large portion of the day. …
- touch up makeup. …
- snacks. …
- water. …
- umbrella. …
- tampons. …
- Bonus Essential: Caffeine.
What is Philanthropy Day rush?
PHILANTHROPY DAY: A cute dress topped off by a denim jacket and paired with wedges will fit the bill nicely. Come prepared to listen and learn about which organization is closest to each sorority’s heart! SKIT/SISTERHOOD NIGHT: Semi-formal is the name of the game.